Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Question To The Readers

I am getting kind of tired of the Oscar pundits of the web telling me what public opinion is, so I thought I would ask you guys a question directly. It seems like a more direct way to gauge what is and isn't popular or what does or does not have public backing. If this is successful, I will probably keep this up every Tuesday, and as the race continues the questions will get more and more specific. Let me know.

Question:
What is the one film or performance that is truly underrated?

4 comments:

RC said...

at this point, from what I've seen...

Adrianna Barraza from Babel hasn't received nearly enough buzz for supporting actress.

Also Paul Greengrass for directing United 93.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

Jesse Gall said...

I would totally agree about Greengrass, but I have heard some talk about Barraza. Not enough, but at least there is some.

Anonymous said...

Even though is got stellar reviews, (and I know it's a difficult film to watch), it still eludes me why United 93 is not getting more picture and director buzz. (Picture expecially). Greengrass has some attention, but I consider it to be the directing acheivement of the year. Performance wise, I think Ian Leslie (is that his name?), O'Toole's friend in Venus gave a GREAT perf. that hasn't even been mentioned. There you go. Hi Jesse.

Anonymous said...

Salma Hayek and Idina Menzel are really underrated for their work in ASK THE DUST!!!

Counter

free web counter